Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for being so patient with me. I know I’ve been MIA, but up until about 6 weeks ago I was still struggling pretty bad with all day sickness. This little one wanted to take mama on a little bit of an adventure, more than Titus ever did. I’m finally feeling better, cooking for my family again and getting our house set up to add our sweet addition. On Monday you will get a completely updated blog post on whats going on with me, my family and our pregnancy. Until then here is one of my new favorite recipes that I’ve been making. Since Nathan is on a healthy journey and I’m growing a baby, we are both working on eating better.
Cheesy Enchilada Bake (No tortilla)
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes
– 1 Rotisserie Chicken
– 1 can of Red Enchilada Sauce; I used Old El Paso brand
– 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 orange pepper
– 1 onion
– Bag of shredded Cheese Blend; Use as much as you need to cover the top of the dish
– Bag of Spinach or Riced Cauliflower
– Taco Seasoning
– Sour Cream and Guacamole
- Remove Chicken from your rotisserie Chicken
- Dice peppers and onion; sauté for 5 minutes
- Shred Chicken; You can choose to shred it yourself, or I added all of mine to my Kitchen Aid Mixer until it was fully shredded. While it was shredding in the mixer I added my taco seasoning so it would mix well.
- Add chicken to baking dish
- Top with Peppers and Onions
- Add Enchilada Sauce
- Cover with Cheese Blend
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes
- Top either your cauliflower rice or spinach with your finished Enchilada Bake.
- Use Sour cream and/or guacamole as you wish. ENJOY!!
I hope you enjoy this meal as much as we have! Its delicious and you get 2 great servings of veggies!
Don’t forget to check back on Monday for our family update. I will also include another recipe in Mondays blog. Have a great weekend!
So have you bought your Instant Pot? If you haven’t, you should!
Having an Instant Pot makes life so much easier! Now that I have had mine for a while and cooked a wide verity of meals I have found my top 5 accessories that make the Instant Pot even better!
Top 5 Instant Pot Must Haves!
1. Stainless Steel Inner Cooking Pot
Your Instant Pot already comes with one Inner Potbut having a second one has been a game changer for me. With an additional pot you can store on in the refrigertor with left overs or when you are cooking more than one thing you can prepare two meals and cook them back to back. You can buy one here .
2. Silicone Lid Cover
Are you storing your left overs? Or prepared a meal that you’re taking with you to a party? Then you need one of these covers. It fits over the inner pot perfectly with no leaking. I ordered 2 for each pot. You can get one here.
3. Silicone Egg Bite Molds
This is one of my favorite accessories for the Instant Pot, with it you can make:
-Mini meatloaf bites
-Baby Food; if you have a baby these are the perfect size to make your own.
I would say get one of these as your first purchase for your Instant Pot. Get one here.
4. Steamer Basket
Any type of veggie, hard-boiled eggs or if you’re making homemade broth. The steamer basket is perfect for this. There are 2 options for the steamer baskets and you can get them both here or here.
5.Silicone Loaf Pan
I just recently got one of these and I’m already loving it. This loaf pan is perfect for making your own bread, cakes and meatloaf. The loaf pan was also very inexpensive. You can get one here.
So once you have your Instant Pot or if you already have it, these are the best most usable accessories to ease cooking. Let me know if you decided to try these and how it goes. Enjoy cooking in your Instant Pot!
Subscribe below to get my Whole30, Paleo Ranch Recipe
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I hope you enjoyed ringing in the new year as much as I did. Titus had his first sleepover at my sister’s house, so Nathan and I went out and had a great time with some awesome friends. We stayed out way to late, ate lots of tasty food and didn’t really get to sleep in. That’s why we decided to start Whole 30 on Tuesday instead. My plan was to get all of my groceries in the morning, cook and let you all know how wonderful my food turned out. BUT life with a kid changes plans sometimes. He decided that he wanted to be grumpy, clingy and needy. Anytime I tried to get some cooking done he wanted to go through cabinets and took out every ziplock bag out of the box and throw them on the floor. Then decided to spike a temperature, very relaxing night.
Thankfully though I was able to get a big chunk of my cooking for the week done. I have our dinners and breakfast for the entire week prepared, Whole30 approved and ready to be eaten.
- Breakfast muffins: I didn’t follow a recipe which is probably why I didn’t work the way I had planned. I wanted to cook them in my awesome “egg bit cups” but after talking to a friend and doing some research if you use too much almond milk in the egg bites they won’t congeal when you cook them. So I will attempt this recipe again. After I tried in my instant pot twice I just put them in the oven. So they are still super tasty, but I don’t want to write a recipe up until I tweak them to be cooked easy and perfectly in my Instant pot. That’s the great thing about this blog, I’m learning new things everyday and hopefully you get to learn from the things I mess up.
- Chicken Enchilada Soup: This recipe was super easy, to the point and tasty. I put all of the ingredients in the Instant Pot and cooked it on Manuel high for 20 minutes, quick release and then I shred my chicken in my new KitchenAid. Then it was ready to eat. You can add Avocado, put it over cauliflower rice, or eat it as is, delicious soup.
If you started Whole30 with me, good luck! Remember the first week is the hardest… it can only go up from there!
Don’t forget to subscribe and like: Family.Life.Organized