Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for being so patient with me. I know I’ve been MIA, but up until about 6 weeks ago I was still struggling pretty bad with all day sickness. This little one wanted to take mama on a little bit of an adventure, more than Titus ever did. I’m finally feeling better, cooking for my family again and getting our house set up to add our sweet addition. On Monday you will get a completely updated blog post on whats going on with me, my family and our pregnancy. Until then here is one of my new favorite recipes that I’ve been making. Since Nathan is on a healthy journey and I’m growing a baby, we are both working on eating better.
Cheesy Enchilada Bake (No tortilla)
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes
– 1 Rotisserie Chicken
– 1 can of Red Enchilada Sauce; I used Old El Paso brand
– 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 orange pepper
– 1 onion
– Bag of shredded Cheese Blend; Use as much as you need to cover the top of the dish
– Bag of Spinach or Riced Cauliflower
– Taco Seasoning
– Sour Cream and Guacamole
- Remove Chicken from your rotisserie Chicken
- Dice peppers and onion; sauté for 5 minutes
- Shred Chicken; You can choose to shred it yourself, or I added all of mine to my Kitchen Aid Mixer until it was fully shredded. While it was shredding in the mixer I added my taco seasoning so it would mix well.
- Add chicken to baking dish
- Top with Peppers and Onions
- Add Enchilada Sauce
- Cover with Cheese Blend
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes
- Top either your cauliflower rice or spinach with your finished Enchilada Bake.
- Use Sour cream and/or guacamole as you wish. ENJOY!!
I hope you enjoy this meal as much as we have! Its delicious and you get 2 great servings of veggies!
Don’t forget to check back on Monday for our family update. I will also include another recipe in Mondays blog. Have a great weekend!
So have you bought your Instant Pot? If you haven’t, you should!
Having an Instant Pot makes life so much easier! Now that I have had mine for a while and cooked a wide verity of meals I have found my top 5 accessories that make the Instant Pot even better!
Top 5 Instant Pot Must Haves!
1. Stainless Steel Inner Cooking Pot
Your Instant Pot already comes with one Inner Potbut having a second one has been a game changer for me. With an additional pot you can store on in the refrigertor with left overs or when you are cooking more than one thing you can prepare two meals and cook them back to back. You can buy one here .
2. Silicone Lid Cover
Are you storing your left overs? Or prepared a meal that you’re taking with you to a party? Then you need one of these covers. It fits over the inner pot perfectly with no leaking. I ordered 2 for each pot. You can get one here.
3. Silicone Egg Bite Molds
This is one of my favorite accessories for the Instant Pot, with it you can make:
-Mini meatloaf bites
-Baby Food; if you have a baby these are the perfect size to make your own.
I would say get one of these as your first purchase for your Instant Pot. Get one here.
4. Steamer Basket
Any type of veggie, hard-boiled eggs or if you’re making homemade broth. The steamer basket is perfect for this. There are 2 options for the steamer baskets and you can get them both here or here.
5.Silicone Loaf Pan
I just recently got one of these and I’m already loving it. This loaf pan is perfect for making your own bread, cakes and meatloaf. The loaf pan was also very inexpensive. You can get one here.
So once you have your Instant Pot or if you already have it, these are the best most usable accessories to ease cooking. Let me know if you decided to try these and how it goes. Enjoy cooking in your Instant Pot!
Subscribe below to get my Whole30, Paleo Ranch Recipe
Seriously, who doesn’t love breakfast food? Eggs, Bacon and hash-browns. I could eat that kind of meal everyday. But the worst part of breakfast food is most of the time I don’t want to cook as soon as I wake up in the morning. I’m usually pretty tired, entertaining my toddler and trying to get him fed. Once I’ve done all that time has passed and I don’t feel like preparing it, or having to do the clean up afterwards.
So I have started to prep our breakfast food. I’m making some type of delicious casserole that last us the week. I spend one day cooking and then every morning its in the fridge and only has to be heated up.
Below is one of my go-to, Whole 30 approved, healthy breakfast meals.
Ranch Sweet Potato Sausage Egg Bake
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooke Time: 25 minutes
-2 Medium sweet Potatoes, cubed
-1 lb Turkey breakfast sausage
-3 cups spinach
-1 Red Pepper
-1 tbsp coconut oil
-1/2 yellow onion, diced.
-Salt and Pepper to taste
-Avocado to top
1. Pre-heat oven to 400, grease baking dish.
2. Add coconut oil to sauté pan and add diced sweet potatoes.
3. In a different sauce pan add Turkey sausage, brown.
4. Once Turkey is brown, add diced pepper, spinach and onions.
5. In a bowl whisk egg, add salt and pepper.
6. Once Sweet Potatoes are tender, mix them with Whole30 Ranch.
7. In your baking dish, layer sweet potatoes, sausage bake and top with whisked eggs (cover dish evenly).
8. Bake for 20 minutes.
Remember to subscribe below to Family.Life.Organized for updates on new post and earlier releases of recipes.
Another quick and delicious recipe for a healthy snack or desert. It has helped fill our sweet tooth since being on Whole30. The great thing about this recipe is you can use it not only for cinnamon apple dessert but you can also make your own homemade cinnamon apple sauce.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes Cook Time: 2 Minutes
– 5 Apples ( I used Fuji and Granny Smith)
– Honey (If you are on Whole30 OMIT honey)
1. Core and Slice your apples. ( I choose to leave the skin on the apples for a better taste)
2. Put all of your apples in the Instant Pot and cover with Cinnamon, Stir.
3. If you ARE NOT on Whole 30 you can add 2 tbsp of honey.
4. Add 1/2 cup of water
5. Set Instant Pot to manual high pressure for 2 minutes
6. Quick Release and Serve
↑ If you choose to make apple sauce, do a natural release for 5 minutes and then mix apples, you can use hand-held mixer or a KitchenAid. Mix until the consistency your happy with for your apple sauce.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we have! Let me know if you try it out and look out for my next blog post on Friday! Happy Monday!
I have always loved to cook but I am the kind that once I find something that I really like I will cook it over and over again until everyone is sick of it. Since getting my Instant Pot and now starting Whole30 it has pushed me out of my box and has me testing out new recipes and even creating some of my own. To me, that has been one of the best things about all of it, being able to create new, tasty and healthy meals for my family. So on my meal planning calendar I planned to make Jambalaya for dinner this week but I couldn’t find a recipe that I really loved. I thought one of the points of Jambalaya was a delicious meal with lots of spices and flavor but for the most part you could make it the way you want. So thats exactly what I did, last night we had homemade Chicken Jambalaya and boy was it good!
Chicken Jambalaya Prep Time: 7 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes
INGREDIENTS 2 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, diced 4 Chicken Sausages 2 tbsp. Coconut Oil Salt Pepper 1 cup chopped onion 3 garlic cloves, minced 2 cans diced tomatoes; 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can fire roasted tomatoes 15 oz can tomato sauce 3 cups chicken stock 2 tsp paprika 2 tsp thyme 2 tsp oregano 2 tsp garlic powder 2 tsp onion powder Cauliflower Rice or Spaghetti Squash
INSTRUCTIONS 1. Dice Chicken breast and chicken sausage, chop onion and mince garlic. 2. Turn InstantPot to sauté and add above ingredients, until lightly cooked. 3. Turn off Sauté. 4. Add additional ingredient, stir. 5.Cook on Manual High pressure for 15 minutes 6. Serve with Cauliflower rice or Speghetti squash
Every time I use my Instant Pot to cook something new, I love it even more than when I first got it. What could you not love about a Pot that does EVERYTHING. You can read why I love it so much here. But I am going to show you 2 things that I cook regularly that the Instant Pot has made that much easier for me.
Titus and I both love sweet potatoes, we could both share one every night. So Instead of spending the time prepping them for the oven or having to cook them for an hour, I can put them in my Instant Pot.
- Clean Sweet Potatoes
- Place 1 cup of water into your Instant Pot
- You can either put sweet potatoes on Instant Pot Trivet or if you have a steam basket you can use that
- Set for manual high pressure for 15 minutes
- Slow Release for 20 minutes once it’s finished cooking
I’ve always loved to make recipes with spaghetti squash. I love the taste and it does make me feel like I am eating spaghetti. Nathan on the other hand hates it. But I’ve always looked for easier ways to cook a spaghetti squash. Most recipes tell you to cut it in half and bake, or poke holes in it and bake/microwave. I don’t know if you have ever tried to do either of these, but it is not easy to cut or poke holes in a whole spaghetti squash. So the Instant Pot has made it even easier for you. Doing this you can literally peel the skin off, cut it in half, and then remove the seeds. I am loving this new way to prepare mine!
- Place 1 cup of water into your Instant Pot
- Place trivet in pot and place spaghetti squash onto trivet
- Set for manual high pressure for 30 minutes
- Quick release once its done cooking
- Your spaghetti squash should be ready to peel off the skin; cut in half and remove seeds
Don’t forget to subscribe to: Family. Life Organized
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I hope you enjoyed ringing in the new year as much as I did. Titus had his first sleepover at my sister’s house, so Nathan and I went out and had a great time with some awesome friends. We stayed out way to late, ate lots of tasty food and didn’t really get to sleep in. That’s why we decided to start Whole 30 on Tuesday instead. My plan was to get all of my groceries in the morning, cook and let you all know how wonderful my food turned out. BUT life with a kid changes plans sometimes. He decided that he wanted to be grumpy, clingy and needy. Anytime I tried to get some cooking done he wanted to go through cabinets and took out every ziplock bag out of the box and throw them on the floor. Then decided to spike a temperature, very relaxing night.
Thankfully though I was able to get a big chunk of my cooking for the week done. I have our dinners and breakfast for the entire week prepared, Whole30 approved and ready to be eaten.
- Breakfast muffins: I didn’t follow a recipe which is probably why I didn’t work the way I had planned. I wanted to cook them in my awesome “egg bit cups” but after talking to a friend and doing some research if you use too much almond milk in the egg bites they won’t congeal when you cook them. So I will attempt this recipe again. After I tried in my instant pot twice I just put them in the oven. So they are still super tasty, but I don’t want to write a recipe up until I tweak them to be cooked easy and perfectly in my Instant pot. That’s the great thing about this blog, I’m learning new things everyday and hopefully you get to learn from the things I mess up.
- Chicken Enchilada Soup: This recipe was super easy, to the point and tasty. I put all of the ingredients in the Instant Pot and cooked it on Manuel high for 20 minutes, quick release and then I shred my chicken in my new KitchenAid. Then it was ready to eat. You can add Avocado, put it over cauliflower rice, or eat it as is, delicious soup.
If you started Whole30 with me, good luck! Remember the first week is the hardest… it can only go up from there!
Don’t forget to subscribe and like: Family.Life.Organized
It’s Monday again and that means meals to plan and prepare for the week. Well, here I am back again to show you how much easier life is with an Instant Pot. This recipe is delicious and quick. No prep time other to poor all of the ingredients into the Pot.
This week I decided to make Salsa Verde Chicken Lettuce wraps for dinner. You can eat this shredded chicken in taco form, in lettuce wraps on in a burrito bowl. We are trying to be a little bit more healthy in our house so we are doing Lettuce Wraps this week. Below I’ll include the recipe, Ingredients and a video on how easy it was to prepare!
Printable: Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does. Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Family.Life.Organized.
Look out for Fridays blog on how I stay organized in the kitchen!