Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for being so patient with me. I know I’ve been MIA, but up until about 6 weeks ago I was still struggling pretty bad with all day sickness. This little one wanted to take mama on a little bit of an adventure, more than Titus ever did. I’m finally feeling better, cooking for my family again and getting our house set up to add our sweet addition. On Monday you will get a completely updated blog post on whats going on with me, my family and our pregnancy. Until then here is one of my new favorite recipes that I’ve been making. Since Nathan is on a healthy journey and I’m growing a baby, we are both working on eating better.
Cheesy Enchilada Bake (No tortilla)
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes
– 1 Rotisserie Chicken
– 1 can of Red Enchilada Sauce; I used Old El Paso brand
– 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 orange pepper
– 1 onion
– Bag of shredded Cheese Blend; Use as much as you need to cover the top of the dish
– Bag of Spinach or Riced Cauliflower
– Taco Seasoning
– Sour Cream and Guacamole
- Remove Chicken from your rotisserie Chicken
- Dice peppers and onion; sauté for 5 minutes
- Shred Chicken; You can choose to shred it yourself, or I added all of mine to my Kitchen Aid Mixer until it was fully shredded. While it was shredding in the mixer I added my taco seasoning so it would mix well.
- Add chicken to baking dish
- Top with Peppers and Onions
- Add Enchilada Sauce
- Cover with Cheese Blend
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes
- Top either your cauliflower rice or spinach with your finished Enchilada Bake.
- Use Sour cream and/or guacamole as you wish. ENJOY!!
I hope you enjoy this meal as much as we have! Its delicious and you get 2 great servings of veggies!
Don’t forget to check back on Monday for our family update. I will also include another recipe in Mondays blog. Have a great weekend!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I hope you enjoyed ringing in the new year as much as I did. Titus had his first sleepover at my sister’s house, so Nathan and I went out and had a great time with some awesome friends. We stayed out way to late, ate lots of tasty food and didn’t really get to sleep in. That’s why we decided to start Whole 30 on Tuesday instead. My plan was to get all of my groceries in the morning, cook and let you all know how wonderful my food turned out. BUT life with a kid changes plans sometimes. He decided that he wanted to be grumpy, clingy and needy. Anytime I tried to get some cooking done he wanted to go through cabinets and took out every ziplock bag out of the box and throw them on the floor. Then decided to spike a temperature, very relaxing night.
Thankfully though I was able to get a big chunk of my cooking for the week done. I have our dinners and breakfast for the entire week prepared, Whole30 approved and ready to be eaten.
- Breakfast muffins: I didn’t follow a recipe which is probably why I didn’t work the way I had planned. I wanted to cook them in my awesome “egg bit cups” but after talking to a friend and doing some research if you use too much almond milk in the egg bites they won’t congeal when you cook them. So I will attempt this recipe again. After I tried in my instant pot twice I just put them in the oven. So they are still super tasty, but I don’t want to write a recipe up until I tweak them to be cooked easy and perfectly in my Instant pot. That’s the great thing about this blog, I’m learning new things everyday and hopefully you get to learn from the things I mess up.
- Chicken Enchilada Soup: This recipe was super easy, to the point and tasty. I put all of the ingredients in the Instant Pot and cooked it on Manuel high for 20 minutes, quick release and then I shred my chicken in my new KitchenAid. Then it was ready to eat. You can add Avocado, put it over cauliflower rice, or eat it as is, delicious soup.
If you started Whole30 with me, good luck! Remember the first week is the hardest… it can only go up from there!
Don’t forget to subscribe and like: Family.Life.Organized
It’s just been one of those weeks in our house. Over the weekend we lost power for a bit because of a 3 inches of snow, Titus has been fighting colds on and off for a while now and then my husband came down with a stomach bug. Yep, one of those weeks and its cold here in Virginia. It may not be cold for some of y’all but anything below 40 is just to cold for me and I usually don’t want to even get out of my pjs on those days, I know I’ve got a long winter ahead of me. But when it’s really cold out I love soup. So I figured why not make homemade chicken noodle soup in my instant pot.
Below is the recipe in printable/PDF form and a video on how quick, easy and delicious the chicken noodle soup ended up being. One of the things I love about making my own food is I can make it however I want. You will see that I don’t have celery in my recipe, I just don’t like it. So again the great thing about homemade you can have it however you want!
Chicken Noodle Soup- Instant Pot
It’s Monday again and that means meals to plan and prepare for the week. Well, here I am back again to show you how much easier life is with an Instant Pot. This recipe is delicious and quick. No prep time other to poor all of the ingredients into the Pot.
This week I decided to make Salsa Verde Chicken Lettuce wraps for dinner. You can eat this shredded chicken in taco form, in lettuce wraps on in a burrito bowl. We are trying to be a little bit more healthy in our house so we are doing Lettuce Wraps this week. Below I’ll include the recipe, Ingredients and a video on how easy it was to prepare!
Printable: Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does. Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Family.Life.Organized.
Look out for Fridays blog on how I stay organized in the kitchen!
Alright ya’ll! Here it is! I prepared a step by step video to show you just how easy and quick it is to use an instant pot. I spent a total of 8 minutes in my kitchen!! Thats it! I have also included all of the ingredients and recipe below the video. Hope you enjoy and if you have any questions post them below in the comments.↓
White Chicken Chili
Prep Time: 6 mintues
- 1 ½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts trimmed of excess fat
- olive oil
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 15oz cans Great Northern Beans
- 1 15oz can whole kernel corn drained
- 24 oz. chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup milk
- shredded Mexican cheese
- sliced avocados
- sour cream
- Turn Instant Pot to Sauté. Add 1 tbsp. of olive oil and allow time to heat.
- Add chicken breasts to Instant Pot, lightly cook chicken on both sides.
- Turn off instant pot
- Add diced onion, garlic cloves, Northern beans, corn and chicken broth. Stir.
- Top with Salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder.
- Turn Instant Pot onto manual for 20 mins. Turn valve to sealed.
- After elapsed time do a fast release (open valve)
- Once pressure is released remove top and shred chicken (either in the pot or into a mixing bowl.)
- Add Cream cheese and milk. Stir.
Now enjoy your delicious White chicken Chili