We are in week 3 of Whole30 and feeling great! I’m not going to say that I still don’t really want a Reese cup or have a desire to have a piece of stuffed crust pepperoni pizza, BUT we are feeling good and seeing the difference that it is already making in the way we feel.
This week I decided to make a new recipe for banana muffins. I made these in the oven and in the Instant Pot. I wanted to try out both ways of cooking to see if one was better or easier over the other.
The difference in the two:
The Instant Pot: The muffins were good and moist, but my husband and I both felt like something was missing.
Oven: This was perfect for us. The muffins were still moist but had a crisper outside.
Check out the recipe below and let me know what you think!
Whole 30 Banana Muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: Instant Pot: 8 minutes; Oven: 20 minutes
– 2 ripe bananas
– 1/2 cup apple sauce: I made me own apple sauce, you can find the recipe here
– 1/4 cup coconut oil
– 3 eggs
– 2 cups almond flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 2 tbsp cinnamon
1. Add all ingredients into your KitchenAid, or a bowl to mix with your hand-held mixer.
2. Add all ingredients into your silicone tray
3. Cover with Foil
4. Place 1 cup of water and trivet to the bottom of your instant pot.
5. Put silicone tray in Instant Pot
6. Set to manual high pressure for 8 minutes. Then QR. Enjoy!
3. Preheat Oven to 350ºF
4. Line muffin tin with liners
5. Add mixture evenly in liners
6. Bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to subscribe below so you know when the next Family.Life.Organized post comes up, or to get an early release of my recipes.