I have always loved to cook but I am the kind that once I find something that I really like I will cook it over and over again until everyone is sick of it. Since getting my Instant Pot and now starting Whole30 it has pushed me out of my box and has me testing out new recipes and even creating some of my own. To me, that has been one of the best things about all of it, being able to create new, tasty and healthy meals for my family. So on my meal planning calendar I planned to make Jambalaya for dinner this week but I couldn’t find a recipe that I really loved. I thought one of the points of Jambalaya was a delicious meal with lots of spices and flavor but for the most part you could make it the way you want. So thats exactly what I did, last night we had homemade Chicken Jambalaya and boy was it good!
Prep Time: 7 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes
– 2 lb boneless, skinless Chicken breast, diced
– 4 Chicken Sausages
– 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
– 1 Cup chopped onion
– 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
– 2 cans diced tomatoes; 1 can diced, 1 can fire roasted
– 15 oz tomato sauce
– 3 cups chicken stock
– 2 tsp Paprika
– 2 tsp Thyme
– 2 tsp Oregano
– 2 tsp Garlic Powder
– 2 tsp Onion Powder
– Cauliflower Rice or Spaghetti Squash
1. Dice Chicken breast and chicken sausage, chop onion and mince garlic.
2. Turn Instant Pot to Sauté and add above ingredients, until lightly cooked.
3. Turn off sauté.
4. Add Additional ingredients, stir.
5. Cook on manual high pressure for 15 minutes.
6. Serve with Cauliflower Rice or Spaghetti Squash.